Sunday 14 September 2008

WhEn eNDs ArE tHE BeGinINgS.


I thought death was the end of my life,


But it is only a start to the life hereafter.


And I thought the fence closed my world,


But when open, it brings a horizon before me.


In Maths, the point ended the line, but in truth


The point begins a plain with no lines in it.


When Ashoka’s victory ended the war kalinga,


His fight for internal peace, then, he began.


To me, the sea was an end to the land I saw,


But then, beneath the sea, there begins the land unseen.


I thought ends put an end to everything,


But then I understood, ends are only the beginnings.

6 comments:

  1. Ma'shallah, a great poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu alaikum

    Masha'Allah, really poignant; I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the post, do it again when you make new posts please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this poem. I lost my father six months ago, and this poem helps me keep faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam,
    Thank you everyone for the comments. Please keep in touch again.
    @Marahm: Sorry about your father. May Allah make his grave wider, and may He make all of us meet in His Janna that He had promised to His good slaves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments.