Sunday 12 June 2011

Going Insane

I'm going to dubai on 15th of this month which makes me mad. Some moments of my life:

***********************


I get to the kitchen to boil some milk. Pours the milk into a pan and keeps it on the stove. I know I've a breakdown, so I decide to stand near the stove until the milk is boiled. I wait... wait and wait. A few more seconds for the milk to boil. I just wonder what will I do with Aisha on the flight. And then, shhhh......


The milk is all over the oven!


***********************


MIL asks me to take the vegetables from the refrigerator. I say, "OK, Mom". I get near the refrigerator and then sees Aisha's towel, which should be in the suitcase. I go to put it in the suitcase, when I remember that I have to call to the airlines office to get the minutes of the journey. I take my phone to call them, and when scrolling down the contact list, I see the number of my aunty whom I have not called to sa about my departure, and I call her.


Half an hour later, in the kitchen, I see my MIL cutting the vegetables!


***********************


I start packing Aisha's clothes. I get the blue blouse and searches for its pants. After searching the shelves, baskets and bags I cannot find it. So I put apart the blue blouse and takes the green frock. I fishes down the bag to get its matching socks when I get the blue pants. I look around for the blue blouse which has disappeared! With half an hour wasted on blue blouse and green socks, I finally reach for the pink coat and starts searching its pair.


Packing started last month and still continues, as a mega serial!



***********************


To sister Salma who have asked me to contribute to her blog and awarded me with a stylish blogger award, and to my friend Nish who have awarded me with a stylish blogger award:


Thanks for your awards and offer, which is a honor to me. But as you know I'm moving to Dubai with little Aisha, I'm at the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'll surely get back to you once I get settled.


To all others, especially my family (MIL for sure), thanks for bearing with me.

3 comments:

  1. Sis, you had me smiling and in tears at the same time.
    I miss speaking to you as much as I did before. I too feel very sad and isolated lately...we are moving and I am afraid (a bit). I hope that Aisha will like Dubai.

    I am happy that Aisha will see her dad again, but I understand you are having anxiety.

    I love you and Aisha for the sake of Allah, and pray that Allah will make everything work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the real pace of motherhood...esp those like us who r not meant to stay at a certain place for a fixed period of time...well said in this post

    u will be preparing long lists frm a month before...yet when u reach der u will definitely find smething important missing..any ways dear sister ur journey (of life; also with life)starts now...may allahs help and blessings be with u...take good care...my kisses to sweetheart..

    and also thank Almighty that we r blessed with such mothers who really understands our situation and give us all supports(mentally and physically)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalaamu alaikum,

    Insha'Allah you are in Dubai now and you are settling down and there is less to stress you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments.