Tuesday 30 March 2010

Hopes Of Freedom.


Even with the lullaby from the ac,


Or the warm and soothing blanket


And the soft cotton bed,


I feel my sleep still far away.


Even with the different menus,


Tastly cooked up for me


Decorated, and served in china ware,


I still feel my hunger flown away.


Even the beautiful frock I wear,


Stitched with the finest of silks


Soft like the feather of a peacock,


Is pricking my body all the time.


When can I be my own master


And turn around as I wish,


When can I break the big black chains


And fly with my thoughts, far and wide.


Then may be I can sleep well


Even under the railway bridge,


And the left-over in the bin


Will be the tastiest of all the food,


And the re-stitched torn frock


Will feel like a feather on me.


I wish those days come fast,


And take me of my feet.

2 comments:

  1. Freedom...I wish for it too in every area of my life. I am thinking of you and hoping you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu alaikum,

    Still visiting your page and thinking of you dear sister. Miss your posts. Love and du'as... Umm Ibrahim xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments.